Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Witchy Woman

As I stare at the bulk bottle of extra strength Tylenol in the staff office, I can't help but appreciate the calmer times of last weekend. While Matt was away for boy's weekend, I stumbled on a decent deal to visit Salem. Had I appreciated that it's not more than 1 1/2 hours away, I probably would have made it a day trip, but we had a fabulous time.
We arrived and it was pouring, but very atmospheric. We walked downtown to a Maritime museum (not exactly exciting, but very nice anyway) and saw a short film. Then we went to the New England's Pirate Museum, which I thought was pretty fun. A little cheesy, but very creepy, with the blood- red paint splattered on the floor and the costumed figure hidden at the end of the tour that was actually a living ,breathing tour guide. Then we went to see a play where the audience was encouraged to participate (ew) and got to vote whether or not a woman was sent to a witch trial (yay). I remember seeing this over a decade ago and it was still impressive. Matt and I had a ridiculously overpriced dinner before our ghost tour around Salem, and called it a night. All in all, it was a weekend of nice memories and soggy shoes (thanks, rain).

No comments: