Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Snow Day

Yesterday I heard we were in for another storm, I didn't think it would mean another snow day. Still, I know better than to be caught off guard, so I bought a few bags of groceries to see us through. Last night Matt and I played Erik's Rock and waited for updates about Nanny, who went to the hospital last night for pneumonia, but is stable today. I was exhausted and aching from being pulled, grabbed, pushed, and hugged every which way. I chased, bounced, and picked up kids who let their 100+lb bodies go perfectly limp so I had to do all the work getting them to their feet. *side note* This, by the way, is called a flop and really sucks. Still, I wish I had the ability to release every bit of tension and control from every muscle at once in just a second or two...how relaxing would that be?!* When I got home, I'd had enough of kids and tantrums and stress. I couldn't even watch my new Nanny 911: Season 1 on DVD! Too stressful!

Anyway....

Today is a snow day and I've had enough of crappy weather cancelling school. I wrote down 4 household chores to get done before I can go crazy with leisure and Wii. I got 2/3 through before I spent an hour rocking out an now I want a nap. Gooood job Caitlin. Oh well. I guess it's just another lazy snow day. Now where's my cocoa.

2 comments:

Megella said...

Hey, at least you got some snow! NJ stinks for snow fall totals. We get an average of 1 snowday a year.
I want to learn how to do that flop thing too. Send me a flopper to teach me!

Mmm...hot chocolate.

CaitRenee said...

Don't I know it. And also, follow my blog! I only have like 3-4 readers as it is.